About the Founder
McLaren Asset Management Sociedad Limitada was established in Spain in 2004, and McLaren Wealth Management UK Limited in 2017 by Nicholas Richard McLaren Chappell, who was one of the few private client consultants to attain the highest possible level of advisory status (Associate Sales Director) during seven years with Towry Law Group in the UK. He subsequently moved to their international arm for 3 years, working in Cape Town and Marbella.
He is a holder of the Financial Planning Certificate (1996), the Certificate in Discretionary Investment Management (2014) and also of the Diploma In Financial Planning (2012), thus complying in full with the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority’s “Retail Distribution Review” (2013).
Nicholas divides his time between clients in Spain and the UK, and is married with three children.
How We Work
We take pride in customer service, attention to detail, and going the extra mile for clients. We recognise that people have different financial needs and objectives, and the service provided by McLaren is flexible enough to be able to adapt and build a plan to the needs of each client.
The Financial Planning Process
There are four stages to the financial planning process, each of which is separately costed, although the initial consultation is at our cost:
- Initial consultation (no charge)
- Financial Planning Report with Recommendations
- Policy / Plan arrangement and Implementation
- Ongoing monitoring and advice via our half-yearly review service
As part of our ongoing service we offer:
- Half-yearly direct contact with the opportunity of a full review
- If we have arranged a portfolio for you, we will review it in full, including recommendations where necessary for any fund changes
- Any recommended fund changes which you ask to us implement for you, will not incur a charge by us (although there may be dealing/administrative charges made by the nominee/custodian, and also a ‘spread’ cost to reflect different prices for buying and selling; we will do our best to advise you of any such costs in advance)
- Year-round accessibility – you are free to contact us at any time if you are concerned about anything or need advice on something. If what you ask requires time to research and a detailed response, we reserve the right to charge on a time-cost basis but will of course advise you of the cost in advance of any work undertaken to give you the opportunity to consider whether you wish us to proceed or not
Please see further detail under the ‘Costs” section of this website.